The Initial Training will last approx 30 days and will comprise of the following:
- Ground School (9 days)
- Cockpit Procedural Training (4 hours)
- Simulator Training (12 hours)
- Flight Training (3 hours)
- Checkride (1 hour)
The 9 day Initial Ground School will cover the following subjects:
- Introduction to Susi Air
- Company documents and regulations
- C208 systems
- Crew Resource Management
- Mountain flying
- Aviation Security (AvSec)
- Emergency training and First Aid
Cockpit Procedural Training
The Cockpit Procedural Training, or CPT, has been designed to assist your transition from theory to practical. Sitting inside a full scale model of the C208 cockpit, you will practice “flows” and checklists for both the C208 Legacy and G1000.
The Simulator Training will be conducted in both the C208 Legacy Simulator and the C172 G1000 Simulator.
C208 Legacy Simulator (4 lessons – 10 hours total)
- Introduction to VFR line flying – Revise Simplified Legacy Flows in CPT in advance.
- Basic IFR – Revise IFR procedures in advance.
- Emergency and abnormal procedures – Revise memory items in advance.
- Final exam (PPC) – Plan IFR navigation in advance. It must be a route which you haven’t flown before. Approach plates are on table in simulator room.
During the Legacy training, you will be paired with either an experienced Susi Air Captain, or an Upgrade who is also in training.
C172 G1000 Simulator (1 lesson – 2 hours total)
- Introduction to G1000 – Revise G1000 Cockpit Reference Guide in advance.
Flight Training and Checkride
The Initial Flight Training will consist of 3 lessons and a DGCA checkride.
- General handling and circuits
- Emergency and abnormal procedures
- Indonesian DGCA checkride